SHIPX INC.’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: 8/20/2021
This Privacy Statement describes privacy practices of ShipX Inc. with respect to information we collect about customers and visitors who either purchase services or inquire about our services through our website.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
ShipX Inc. knows that you care how information about you is used and shared. ShipX Inc. respects your right to privacy. Your ability to make informed choices about the use of your information is important to us. We want to make sure that you understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place in order to protect it. This Privacy Statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ?
The information we collect and retain about you depends upon your interaction with us.
Information You Give Us. We collect personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s)) you provide us when you:
- PURCHASE SERVICES FROM US.
- COMMUNICATE WITH US FOR ANY REASON, SUCH AS INQUIRING ABOUT THE SERVICES YOU ORDERED OR MAY WISH TO ORDER THROUGH OUR WEBSITE; OR
- VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATE IN A POST-SERVICES SURVEY. (INFORMATION WE COLLECT MAY INCLUDE DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION, SUCH AS AGE AND GENDER AND NUMBER OF HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS).
Automatic Information. When you interact with us, we may maintain a record of the following types of information:
- YOUR PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCT FROM A THIRD PARTY AND OUR ARRANGING OF DELIVERY OF THAT PRODUCT.
- YOUR INTERNET PROTOCOL (“IP”) ADDRESS WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE. THE IP ADDRESS COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITE IS NOT LINKED BY US TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, EXCEPT IN CASES WHERE WE MUST PROVIDE IP ADDRESSES TO THE COMPANY FROM WHOM YOU PURCHASED YOUR PRODUCT AND/OR CERTAIN CREDIT CARD PROCESSORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROCESSING OF YOUR CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION. YOU MAY WANT TO CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Information from Third Parties. We may receive personally identifiable information from third parties as follows:
- INFORMATION FROM YOUR PRODUCT SUPPLIER FROM WHOM YOU PURCHASED THE PRODUCT THAT WE WILL BE ARRANGING FOR DELIVERY FOR YOU.
- INFORMATION FROM OUR DELIVERY PARTNERS (SEE – “DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES” BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR DELIVERY PARTNERS); AND
- UPDATED DELIVERY AND ADDRESS INFORMATION FROM THE SHIPPER OF YOUR PRODUCT OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES, SUCH AS DELIVERY PARTNERS AND PRODUCT SUPPLIERS WHO FURNISH VARIOUS FULFILLMENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your transaction and other related requests and comments, and to understand your needs so that we may arrange for you with the most suitable services. For example, we may use your postal address, e-mail address or telephone number to:
- PROCESS AND FULFILL YOUR ORDER AND NOTIFY YOU OF YOUR ORDER STATUS;
- PROVIDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT;
- SOLICIT YOUR FEEDBACK ABOUT THE SERVICE YOU RECEIVED.
The non-personally identifiable information that we automatically collect may be utilized in the aggregate to help us look for trends so that we can improve your shopping experience.
We strive to comply with prevailing industry standards regarding the use of your personal information.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We do not share your information with unaffiliated third parties, except as described below. In these circumstances, we limit the information we provide to the information necessary to perform the function or provide the service for which it is shared. These third parties are not permitted to use the personal information, which is provided by us for any purposes other than as authorized by us, and these third parties are required to keep the information confidential.
- DELIVERY PARTNERS: WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OUR TRUSTED DELIVERY PARTNERS THAT WILL BE PROVIDING THE DELIVERY SERVICES TO YOU OR WHO PERFORM FOLLOW-UP AND POST-DELIVERY SERVICES.
- PRODUCT SUPPLIERS: WE WILL SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH THE SUPPLIER OF THE PRODUCT THAT YOU ARE HAVING DELIVERED. THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT OF YOUR PRODUCT SUPPLIER.
- OTHER DISCLOSURES: A) NECESSARY TO COMPLY WITH LEGAL PROCESS, B) IN RESPONSE TO LEGAL CLAIMS, C) NECESSARY TO PROTECT PERSONAL SAFETY OR D) AN INTEGRAL PART OF A SALE OF ALL OR PART OF OUR BUSINESS.
We may share aggregated demographic information and/or customer profile data with our business partners, advertisers and others. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING THE USE OF MY INFORMATION?
We want to communicate with you only with respect to your services order or inquiries about our services. We will give you the opportunity to opt-out of participating in our post-service e-mail survey.
IS MY INFORMATION SECURE?
ShipX Inc. is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Any information collected on ShipX Inc.’s website is located on a secured server behind a firewall and is not directly connected to the internet. ShipX Inc. employs Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) software and password protection procedures to safeguard personal information collected.
HOW AM I NOTIFIED OF CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. ShipX Inc.’s website is not targeted to children younger than 13. ShipX Inc. does not knowingly collect or store information of children younger than 13. Visitors to ShipX Inc.’s website who are under the age of 13 may use this website only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian. None of the products or services available through ShipX Inc.’s website may be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age.